Carlos Moffat received a B.S. in Marine Biology from the University of Concepción, Chile, and a Ph.D. in Physical Oceanography from the MIT-WHOI Joint Program. He was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Since early 2016, he has held a faculty position at the School of Marine Science and Policy at the University of Delaware. He is also a visiting professor at the Department of Oceanography, University of Concepción, Chile.
His research interests span a range of problems in Coastal Physical Oceanography, including understanding the role the ocean plays in glacier retreat, the dynamics of river discharge to the continental shelf, and physical-biological interactions.
Borja Aguiar Gonzalez joined the group in February 2017 from the Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research. Borja obtained his Ph.D. degree at the Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in 2013. He is working on the dynamics of ocean heat transport processes across the west Antarctic Peninsula continental shelf.
Research opportunities are available for highly-motivated students who are interested in joining the group. The University of Delaware offers a number of relevant undergraduate degrees as well as Masters and Ph.D. programs in Oceanography. Feel free to contact me for currently available projects.
- Francisca Brown (M.Sc., Currently at the Center for Scientific Studies, Valdivia, Chile)
- Claudio Iturra (B.S.)
- Sebastien Bertrand (U. Ghent, Belgium)
- Francisca Bown (CECs, Chile)
- Mark Carey (OSU, USA)
- Mike Dinniman (ODU, USA)
- Gene Domack (USF, USA)
- Marcelo Gutierrez (University of Concepción, Chile)
- Bernard Hallet (UW, USA)
- John Klinck (ODU, USA)
- Steve Lentz (WHOI, USA)
- Chuck Nittrouer (UW, USA)
- Andrés Rivera (CECs, Chile)
- Fabian Tapia (University of Concepción, Chile)
- Gonzalo Saldías (OSU, USA)
- Marcus Sobarzo (University of Concepción, Chile)
- Dave Sutherland (UO, USA)